Does anything I do really matter?
1. The Lord welcomes the outsider who takes refuge under his wings
2. He works through the kindness of his people
3. But ultimately we need a Redeemer
- Ruth is amazed that she should receive a welcome. In what ways have we allowed a sense of entitlement to diminish the wonder of the Lord’s welcome of us? What truths from the gospel might we need to keep reminding ourselves of?
- Do we ever question whether what we do really matters? How does it help knowing that the Lord chooses to advance his purposes through the kindness of his people?
- How does Naomi’s excitement about the possibility of finding a Redeemer who will commit to caring for her help us value our great Redeemer?